Friday 6 February 2009

Windows7 …..impressions

Windows7 is now up and running on a dual boot drive with XP. The boot menu it created is so easy to use and understand.

Installed PCTOOLS antivirus and firewall and working like a dream.

Installed Firefox, working fine.

The screen is like the aero in Vista, but only better. The taskbar is a bit on the large size but I understand that this can be made smaller so will try that next time. The system loads much quicker and closes just as quick.

I am most impressed with what it can do with devices. I connected my Creative Zen mp3 player and it recognised it straight away without any need to load drivers or software. I then connected my HP IPAQ pda, but this it said it could not find the driver. Then, it loaded the update screen and I clicked on update and it found the driver online and installed it and knew exactly what it was and loaded up the new mobile synchronising software and now works ok. Networking is the next thing to try. It has already found the router, I now need to set up the wireless part and also seeing how it recognises devices on the network. It appears that it is very simple to run a network on windows7.

In the next update I shall tell you how far I have got.

 

David

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Married to the most wonderful woman

VerveEarth

What Do You Think of The Blogs so far?